Lions Tigers & Bears is accredited by the Global Federation of Animal Sanctuaries (GFAS) and the American Sanctuary Association (ASA). These organization set exceptionally high standards of care for sanctuaries across the country and throughout the world, to ensure that the physiological and psychological needs of rescued animals are met.
We are often asked the question “What does being accredited mean?”
Being accredited means we, as a sanctuary, abide by the stringent standards of care set forth by these accrediting bodies to ensure the animals in our charge receive the most comprehensive care possible. True accredited sanctuaries will never buy, sell, breed, or trade any of the animals in their care.
– True accredited sanctuaries do not breed.
– Do not allow contact with their animals, including photo opportunities with young cubs.
– Do not sell or trade animals.
– Ensure each animal receives species-specific specialized care, including a nutritious diet, routine medical examinations and preventative veterinary care.
– Recognize that the needs of the animals come first and foremost.
Before making a contribution to any charity, please make sure they are accredited – then you can rest assured that YOU are part of the solution – making a real difference.