For more information and to register, call Lions Tigers & Bears at (619) 659‐8078. To learn more about the photographer, go to her website at www.KathleenReeder.com.
Join award‐winning, internationally‐published wildlife photographer, instructor and author Kathleen Reeder for an exclusive wildlife photography workshop at Lions Tigers & Bears in Alpine, California.
“Photographing wildlife is one of the most rewarding areas of photography. It touches our emotions, is dynamic and fast moving, and when we feel the connection, it changes peoples’ lives! As your instructor, I promise to bring you opportunities for being near and connected to a variety of wildlife, to maximize the number of wildlife photo opportunities in the limited time we’re together, to prepare you in advance so you know what to expect, and to be your co‐pilot as you capture the essence of those special moments with your camera”.
‐ Kathleen Reeder
Located in San Diego County, Lions Tigers & Bears is a federally and state licensed non‐profit 501(c)(3) rescue facility dedicated to providing a safe haven for unwanted and abused Big Cats and other exotic animals. Lions Tigers & Bears is one of a very few accredited Big Cat Sanctuaries in the United States. Animal species living at the 93‐acre rescue facility include African lion, mountain lion, tiger, bear, bobcat, serval, leopard and more. In addition, freeroaming peacocks can be seen regularly.
Bobbi Brink, Founder of Lions Tigers & Bears, strives to rescue a limited number of cats and other exotic animals that have been abused, confiscated, or are in danger of being destroyed for lack of a suitable home and provide them with a permanent home. See photos of the animals in residence and read more about this wonderful rescue facility at www.lionstigersandbears.org.
Kathleen will prepare and guide you to capture the feelings and the beauty of the rescued animals. This private workshop consistsof both an Online Webinar Presentation and an exclusive photography event at Lions Tigers & Bears, with many unique and exciting features:
- March 14, 2017 – 6‐8pm webinar. An informative online webinar, led by Kathleen to fully prepare you for the workshop. The session will include instruction on essential compositional elements, camera settings and techniques for capturing extraordinary animal portraits and behavior photos. Topics include camera exposure mode, aperture, shutter speed, ISO, composition suggestions, focus considerations and importance of depth of field. In addition, Kathleen will explain the camera settings and key steps for how to make a fence that may be between you and an animal disappear in your photograph.
- March 17 or March 18, 2017 from 6:30 am – 2:00 pm. Lions Tigers & Bears photo session led by Kathleen Reeder and co‐hosted with Bobbi Brink, Founder of Lions Tigers & Bears. Session includes:
- Exclusive opportunity to photograph the animals in early morning light
- Hands‐on assistance in photographing wildlife
- Treats to encourage the animals to pose and perform natural behaviors in their habitats that make best use of the light of the day
- Mid‐morning snack and lunch for participants
- Signed copy of Kathleen’s book Capturing the Moment, The Art & Science of Photographing Wild Animals
Workshop size is limited to 14 participants so you will have plenty of one‐on‐one time with Kathleen throughout the workshop to ask questions and get coaching specific to your individual photographic needs.
Workshop participants are required to have a camera and lens with a telephoto focal range of up to 300 ‐ 400mm or higher. Other required equipment includes plenty of memory card storage and an extra fully‐charged battery.
It is recommended that participants plan to stay overnight in Alpine, California the night before the workshop on Thursday night or Friday night in order to meet at 6:30 am at Lions Tigers & Bears. Nearby hotels are noted below. Please note that lodging is not included in the workshop price. You may choose another hotel if it fits your needs better.
$249 (for annual LTB Members)
$319 (for non‐members ‐ An annual membership for one person is included in the non‐member price)
Lions Tigers & Bears
24402 Martin Way
Alpine, CA 91901
Viejas Casino and Resort
5000 Willows Road
Alpine, CA 91901